This page will list events of interest to the genealogical community. The page will be updated as events pass and new events are added, so check back often.
Members please log in and visit the Members' Corner. Click on "Calls for Presentations" for more information on topics, proposal requirements, and compensation.
Prior to February 7, 2016, this page was organized chronologically by proposal deadline to give events with the closest deadline priority in visibility. As deadlines may (and do) change, and some are events that don't necessarily have an associated "Call for Presentations", the page has been rearranged in chronological order by event date. Therefore, entries at the bottom of this page are more likely to still have open Calls.
Our "Calls for Presentations" page will stay in (originally published) deadline date order.
- German-American Genealogical Partnership - 2017 International Germanic Genealogy Conference: "Connections: International. Cultural. Personal.", 28-29 July, 2017.
- The German-American Genealogical Partnership is accepting proposals for their 2017 Inaugural Conference at the Minneapolis Marriott Northwest in Brooklyn Park, Minnesota.
- Lectures will be one hour long, including a question and answer period..
- The Germanic Genealogy Society is the host for this conference. Additional information can be found at the Germanic Genealogy Society website.
- The deadline for proposals was 31 July 2016.
- Stillaguamish Valley Genealogical Society - 2017 Northwest Genealogy Conference: "Where Does Your Story Begin?", August 16-19, 2017.
- Proposals are now being accepted for the Stillaguamish Valley Genealogical Society 4th Annual Northwest Genealogy Conference, which will be held at the Byrnes Performing Arts Center and the Arlington High School facilities in Arlington, Washington.
- The format will be tracks: Genetic Genealogy, Research Resources, Immigration/Naturalization, Colonial America Research, and Ethnic Groups. Proposed presentations should support one of these tracks.
- We also welcome anyone who may wish to offer repeat sessions to provide more opportunities for attendees to hear their presentation.
- Each presentation will be 60 minutes in length which includes time for questions and answers. 2-part sessions that examine topics in depth are welcome.
- The deadline for proposals was 6 January 2017.
- The Illinois State Genealogical Society - 2017 Annual Fall Conference: "Build Your Family Tree: DNA, Research, and Writing", October 27 & 28, 2017.
- Lecture proposals are now being accepted for the Illinois State Genealogical Society 2017 Annual Fall Conference, which will be held at iWireless Center in Moline, Illinois.
- Presentations utilizing our theme to promote the expansion of our knowledge and skills are encouraged, as well as topics on Illinois, Midwest Resources, and the Northwest Territory.
- Presentations will be 60 minutes, which includes 10 minutes reserved for questions and answers. Speakers must provide their own digital projector.
- The deadline for proposals was 27 February 2017.
- Florida State Genealogical Society (FSGS): 2017 Fall Virtual Conference and the 2018 "Poolside Chats: A Genealogy Webinar Series"
- Proposals are being accepted for the FSGS 2017 Virtual Fall Conference planned for 3-4 November 2017 First day is Society Management Day, second day general genealogy related topics.
- Attendees can attend the "live" presentation or the recorded video, which will be available to registered attendees only, for a limited period of time after the conference.
- Proposals are being accepted for the FSGS "Poolside Chats: A Genealogy Webinar Series" These webinars are presented free to the FSGS membership and the public on the third (3rd) Thursday of the month at 8:00 p.m. ET.
- Topics being considered: Computers/Technology, Beginning Genealogy, Research Sources, Immigration/migration, Florida Research (i.e., history, available records, repositories, ethnic and religious groups, etc.), Society Management and broader genealogical topics including methodology, problem solving, publishing, military records, land records, etc.
- The deadline for proposals was 1 May 2017.
- The Ohio Genealogical Society (OGS) 2018 Conference: "Blazing New Trails", April 11-14, 2018
- Proposals are being accepted for the OGS 2018 Conference to be held at the Hyatt Regency Columbus in Columbus, Ohio.
- Topics being considered: Ohio history, its records, and repositories; ethnic (African American, German, Irish, Polish, etc.); religious groups; migration into, within, and out of Ohio; and origins of early Ohio settlers, and the Old Northwest Territory. Other topics of interest that will be considered: land and military records; technology, including DNA; mobile devices and apps; methodology, analysis, and problem solving in genealogical research.
- The program committee is specifically seeking new, unusual, and dynamic proposals. Interested speakers are strongly encouraged to submit multiple proposals for either one-hour general sessions, or two-hour workshops.
- The deadline for proposals was 31 May 2017.
- National Genealogical Society - 2018 Family History Conference: "Paths to Your Past", May 2-5, 2018.
- Proposals are now being accepted for the NGS 2018 Family History Conference, which will be held in Grand Rapids, Michigan.
- Among the topics being considered by NGS are presentations on migration paths to the Midwest, including waterways, trails, and railroads; records and repositories for Michigan, the surrounding states, and Canada; records generated by France, Great Britain, and later by the newly established United States as they fought for control of the Old Northwest Territory; land grants, deeds, and maps; and laws and court records.
- Other topics may include presentations about DNA and how to use DNA to solve genealogical roadblocks.
- Proposals for broader genealogical categories, including methodology, problem solving, Internet websites, apps, and other technology tools, are also encouraged.
- The deadline for proposals was 1 April 2017.
- The Ontario Genealogical Society (OGS) 2018 Conference: "Upper Canada to Ontario - The Birth of a Nation", June 1-3, 2018.
- Proposals are now being accepted for the OGS 2018 Family Conference, which will be held in Guelph, Ontario, CN.
- This year's theme is designed to continue the thread from the 2017 conference, "Building a Nation"
- Among the topics being considered by NGS are presentations on Migration to Ontario - Where did they arrive from, how did they get here, why did they choose Ontario?; sources available to trace Canadians in their country of origin; the importance of using maps in your research; how new technologies assist our research; and methods to document and preserve our research.
- The deadline for proposals is 5 Aug 2017.
- Southern California Genealogical Society
- 49th Annual Southern California Genealogy Jamboree, Friday, June 1st & Saturday, June 2nd, 2018.
- Preceded by the 6th Annual SCGS Genetic Genealogy Conference and the Family History Writer's Conference on Thursday, May 31, 2018.
- Held at the Los Angeles Marriott Burbank Airport Hotel, Burbank, California.
- DNA Workshops on Friday, June 1, 2018
- The deadline for proposal submissions is 9 Sep 2017.