Carla S. Cegielski|
Perry, Ohio 44081
- Ohio Genealogical Society President's Award, 2014
- Lineage Societies
- Western Pennsylvania
- West Virginia
- Website Design
- Crowdsourcing: Making History Accessible to All
Repositories are increasingly turning to genealogists, historians, and hobbyists to help make resources accessible online. Learn how to become a part of this historic movement.
- The DAR Genealogical Research System: A Resource for Everyone
Take a guided tour of the DAR Genealogical Research System (GRS). The multi-faceted GRS is a great genealogical resource available for anyone to use. It offers a variety of indices, many of which cannot be found elsewhere.
- Estate Planning Genealogy-Style
Youíve worked on your family genealogy for years. Have you taken steps to insure that your genealogical files, pictures and mementos are preserved in the manner you intend? This presentation outlines options to consider.
- Exploring the Digital Public Library of America (DPLA)
Learn the ins and outs of using the DPLA. Its genealogically-rich content includes over ten million items from 1,600 libraries, archives, and museums.
- Treasures of the Internet Archives
The Internet Archives contains audio items, movies, software, texts, and the Wayback Machine. Learn how to access this amazing repository and the genealogical treasures it holds.
- WordPress ó Itís not Just for Blogs
Create an attractive, professional-looking website in under two hoursóno programming required. For maximum benefit, participants should bring a laptop capable of connecting to the Internet. (Facility must provide an internet connection).
- Will travel for presentations
- Honorarium, transportation, & lodging
- Home housing not accepted
- Require screen, table and microphone (if needed)
- Camera-ready masters furnished for handouts
- New lectures developed upon request
- Ohio Genealogical Society Annual Conference, 2014, 2015
- Ashtabula County Genealogical Society, Geneva, OH, 2013, 2014, 2015
- Computer Assisted Genealogy Group Cleveland Area, Fairview Park, OH, 2013, 2014, 2015
- Cuyahoga West Chapter OGS, 2012, 2015
- East Cuyahoga County Genealogical Society, Mayfield Heights, OH, 2014
- Fayette County Genealogical Society of Pennsylvania, Uniontown, PA, 2014
- Lake County Genealogical Society, Painesville, OH, 2012, 2013, 2015
- North East Ohio Computer-Aided Genealogy Society, Mayfield Heights, OH, 2013, 2014, 2015
- Ohio Genealogical Society, Mansfield, OH, 2013
- Perry Public Library, Perry, OH, 2013
Carla Cegielski is a full-time genealogical researcher specializing in the areas of Ohio, western Pennsylvania and West Virginia. She has been researching her own family for over 40 years and providing research services to others since 1997. Carla is a frequent speaker at genealogical societies, libraries and conferences. Carla holds a B.A. in Russian Language and Literature and an M.S. in Library Science. She currently serves as president of the Great Lakes Chapters of the Association of Professional Genealogists.