5 Nutmeg Cir
Chicopee, Massachusetts 01020-4916
Business Phone: 413-237-1634
Contact between 9:00 am to 9:00 pm US Eastern
Boston University's Certificate of Genealogical Research
Colonial New England
New York State
Paleography and Transcribing
Most are stand-alone but any combination is possible to customize to the needs
1) The ABC's of Family Research
2) Pulling the Person out of the Paperwork
3) Double Dates - They're Not What You Think
4) Have You Really Read That Census - and other records?
5) The Secrets in City Directories, Newspapers, Diaries
6) Search Strategies You Never Thought of; Search Sites You Never Heard of
7) Speeling Duzn't Cownt
8) Working a Research Plan - Staying Focused
9) Social Media
10) Growing Your Genealogy Society
11) Set Up Family Interviews, NOW!
12) 94,206,541 Smith's! Now What?
13) The Good and the Very, Very Bad of On-Line Family Trees
14) Becoming a Family Research Sleuth
Screen and in larger venues, audio/microphone
1) The 2015 New England Regional Genealogical Consortium conference, Providence, Rhode Island
2) Descendants of the Founders of Ancient Windsor, Windsor Connecticut
3) Pioneer Valley History Network, Old Deerfield, Massachusetts
4) The Lyman and Merrie Wood Museum of Springfield History and Archives, Springfield, Massachusetts
5) The Pioneer Valley Historic Network, Old Deerfield, Massachusetts
6) The Lyman and Merrie Wood Museum of Springfield History and Archives, Springfield, Massachusetts
7) Massachusetts Society of Genealogists – Middlesex Massachusetts Chapter;
After 35 years in retail management, consulting and training, I began researching my own family after receiving a 5 generation chart of my paternal ancestors. That led to gradually helping friends with their own family histories. I offered to speak to a group at our church and found a niche. Since then, I have taught basic, intermediate and advanced genealogy and research techniques, lectured on a variety of genealogical subjects in local venues and regional venues and became active in a number of local and regional societies.
I am currently the Vice President of the Western Massachusetts Genealogical Society, President of the New England Chapter of the Association of Professional Genealogists along with memberships in the Connecticut Society of Genealogists, Massachusetts Society of Genealogists, Central New York Genealogical Society and others. I am one of the Tri-Chairs for the 2017 New England Regional Genealogical Consortium’s conference here in Springfield, Massachusetts.
Happily married to Karen since 2007, we live in Chicopee, Massachusetts which is just north of Springfield, chock full of history! We each have been previously married. Together we have 5 adult children and 4 grandchildren. Karen is a Registered Nurse in the Chicopee Massachusetts School System and am devoted full time to genealogical pursuits.